- Price: free ($0.00) In Apple Store
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 2010-07-01
- Current Version: 2.1
- 2.1 (iOS 4.0 Tested)
- Size: 1.50 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Felt Tip Inc.
- Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 3.1 or later
- © 2010 Felt Tip Inc.
Add to Favorite apps
Transit Maps is an offline viewer for very large images. It can download maps and other large image files in PDF, PNG, JPG, and GIF format from the Internet. It is very fast at displaying complex images and it works when network access is unavailable…..
What's New in Version 2.1
Fixed bug where some maps would be incorrectly rotated.
Added support for opening PDF and image document files from other apps such as Mail.
Rated 3/5 based on 3 customer reviews.
Does exactly what it supposed to do.
James Gerber write:
I don't see what there is to complain about. It downloads maps and other files if you have the URL and views them. What else would you expect?
In the right direction
Michael Marinucci write:
+ This is a wonderful app for allowing us to contain all of our transit maps (and in effect schedules as well, since we can add any image we want ideally) in one place, instead of constantly having to switch back and forth from one app to the next, especially in the SF area where we have 7 different major transit companies!
However, what still needs work:
- The app needs to be able to render more than one page of a pdf. Currently I have some schedule pdfs that only show me the "front page" of the booklet and no other pages with the actual fare, schedule, or map information.
- The app allows me to continue to browse and download new maps when the app is processing one that just finished downloading. But this isn't failsafe and the app usually quits on me when doing this.
- The app seems to want to center a pdf at will and for some pdf pages that are not the standard size, the app won't let me navigate to the edges of the pdf. It will "bounce" me back to the center of the pdf. Not good. I can't view critical map and schedule info!
- Also the new update says here that you can add pdfs from other apps.... but how? This is not self-explanatory.
All in all a nice concept, but the app still needs some work. Fix the kinks and I'll enjoy it much more.
Yuki Asayama write:
This app loads the first page of any PDF document. It renders quickly enough on iPhone 4.
Problem 1. It only renders the first page of the document. Not all maps are single page documents, you know.
Problem 2. The background (the area outside the document) has distracting grid pattern, which makes the app unfinished. I prefer solid color, perhaps white, black, or gray.
Problem 3. The user interface is not intuitive. Why can't I add a map from the list view, for example, where I am meant to manage the maps? The plus sign on the map view where i am meant to look at the map makes very little sense.
I deducted one star for problem 1, and half each for 2 and 3, hence 3 stars.
Thank you for a great product and job well done. I wish the first problem is resolved in future updates, so I can start using this app for all my map needs.
Write a Review
The information may be outdated. For actual information go to iTunes